FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Renaissance Vendome Paris [Master Thread]
Old Apr 27, 2018, 7:51 pm
aaupgrade

Programs: MR LTT, BA Gold, AA LTP, UA Silver
Originally Posted by ohmark
Love this property, and love the location even more. But, don't expect a large room with the "larger Prestige room." Larger, only in the sense of relative to the tiny regular rooms.
Yes, fully aware of that. prestige rooms are roughly the same size as regular guest rooms at CE. I thought I'd stay here to checkout the difference between properties.

Originally Posted by FlyinHawaiian320
Stayed here last summer. The location is terrific as it's pretty central to a lot of different areas to walk to in Paris, however, the hotel itself was nothing to ride home about. Rooms were super tiny (our "upgraded room" was tiny even by normal standards). I probably wouldn't stay again when I go back to Paris -- would opt for Champs Elysse,
Between your and Ohmark's comments, and since CE is going to 60K points on August 1, decided to use my cat 9 cert for CE instead.

By cancelling my Vendome reservation I save $650 USD upgrade fee to the prestige room which is the same size as the regular room at CE. Plus there are only petite rooms left for my stay dates at Vendome so definitely no upgrade, whereas there are numerous larger room types and junior suites available at CE for potential upgrade. I've usually have received some sort of upgrade at CE, although never to a suite or junior suite.

I actually like CE location as you step out right into the hubbub. It's touristy, but that's OK because for all intents and purposes I'm a tourist.

Next year I'll stay at someplace new since CE will be over priced IMO.