FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - FAQ: Frequently Asked Questions
View Single Post
Old Apr 26, 2018, 5:20 pm
truncated

Programs: DL PM, OZ Diamond Plus, BA Silver
Originally Posted by drvannostren
Ok so my miles just posted to hit Diamond, couple questions. Canadian resident here btw if that changes anything.

1) Does/will OZ send out any kind of elite package? Luggage tags etc? More importantly a physical card? I know on the website they mention a sticker card, not entirely sure I get what they mean in the description, but since I never originally got a membership card, I feel like it something they don't do.

2) Any way to load the card into apple wallet? I can just keep the screenshot picture, but I'd rather have it in apple wallet with my other stuff.

3) Anyone else ever have problems with digital cards? I can't remember what airport, I think IAH, but I had a lounge dragon once deny me because I couldn't produce the physical card and she couldn't scan my digital one. For the past year I've been entering lounges on my SQ card, but earning on the BPs to OZ. This year at least for the next little bit while I'm in the OZ buffer (earning, but not towards re-qualifying) I think I'll want to enter with my OZ card, but then earn to different programs.
Originally Posted by zeer0
@drvannostren
1) You won't get a physical card or luggage tag. There are 2 exceptions I know of. You can pick one up in ICN airport, or if you happen to find yourself in Germany, they can send you one from the German office (this is what I did).

3) I've been asked for a card a few times over the last few years at *A lounges, and just the digital card was ok. However, at contract lounges, I have heard people have had issues with this.
re 1) I'm not entirely sure — I got the Diamond package when I first made Diamond about two years back — they stopped sending physical cards but hadn't changed the package so I got a mailer with a luggage tag and a blank space where the card should have been. That said I didn't get anything when I crossed to Diamond Plus this year, so maybe that's changed as well.

Also the US office might still send physical cards if you call them and ask for one — that's how I got mine two years ago, but I'm not sure if they still do. Asking at ICN definitely still works though (did it last month, took them all of 2 minutes or so).

for 3) I've only been asked for a physical card once — at the AC MLL at FRA of all places. Even LH (which is apparently notorious for wanting a physical card) never asked me for one, FWIW.