Old Apr 26, 18, 2:53 pm
EaglesFan0909

London Hotel Recommendations (newer consolidated thread, started in 2018)

Hi Everyone!

I have been a long-time follower and have learned a TON from this community, but I am struggling...I cannot find a hotel in London that looks appealing [to me]. I'll be flying over for the Eagles game October 26-29. About 750 people signed up for a group trip that will be staying at the Hilton and Intercontinental (Park Lane).

My go-to strategy is to first find a really cool/modern/luxurious hotel with a bit of elbow room and preferably, a really cool shower and usable room layout. Service is important to me, too.

If I cannot find something unique, I usually stay at Hilton/Curio for their consistency.

In terms of price, I’m not shy to break out the wallet but what I am seeing so far in London, I’d rather save a few bucks and stay at a Hilton. $1,000+ per night for 400 square feet, a run-of-the-mill bathroom and no view is kind of a buzzkill.

I stumbled across this thread from 2013 and there seems to be an interesting debate on luxury hotels.

'London Luxury Hotel' - I can't post a URL.

Any updated experiences?

I do have one more issue…dress code. My girlfriend and I are definitely part of the casual crowd. We prefer flying under the radar than being flashy. Regardless, we do ‘fit the part’ when it’s needed, but in my opinion, this is simply a hotel, which is a place to sleep; we’re not attending a once-in-a-lifetime business pitch or sponsoring a gala. Will this be an issue for us?

Thanks so much for your help! Happy AND safe traveling!