FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Seating Queries: First
View Single Post
Old Apr 26, 2018, 9:40 am
th14

Programs: DL DM, UA MM, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, Hertz Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Oaxaca

I guess it depends on how bothered you are by possible galley noise/light. There is a curtain behind 4A, but of course crew will be passing in and out (pax less so, since the loos are at the front of the cabin). I was in 4A on a 772 a few days ago on an overnight flight and it was fine for me. I went straight to sleep as soon as the seatbelt sign went off. Although the middle seats on the 777s are better than 744, personally I would still prefer a window in F if travelling solo. On JFK-LHR, if you're watching a movie you'd probably only be looking at 2-3 hours sleep.

Been a while since I flew a 777 to EWR but the aircraft would come from the same LHR fleet. Of course, BA has various F configurations on the 772 (12F, 14F, 17F), so you can't be certain what you'll get. Quite a few equipment changes these days, both my flights on 777s in the last week have had an equipment change in the last 48 hours before the flight.
Thanks for the feedback. I sleep with earplugs so unless lots of noise, I should be okay. I mention the movie to note that I won't be trying to sleep during the main meal service. Also, my understanding is the galley behind is for CW so while those FA are making noise behind me, they're then heading the other direction. Which I think would make 4A marginally better than 1A for me.

Regarding EWR. When you're saying equipment change. Do you mean 747 instead of 777. Or just different 777? If different 777, don't they all have the same kind of seat at this point? Meaning, it's not like some 777's have been retrofit vs others, right? So it's just a matter of seat configuration is what I'm asking (14 vs 12 vs 17 seats). We have Row 2 on the flight so as long as the seats are the same equipment, then how the configuration changes around us won't make a difference to us.

Now, if you're saying they'll swap it for a 747, then we'll have to pick some different seats.