FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Edinburgh BA check in desks been enhanced?
Old Apr 24, 2018, 4:00 pm
PETER01
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Edinburgh BA check in desks been enhanced?

Travelling from Edinburgh down to LHR this morning I saw the area to the left, as you walk in the main terminal and where BA were situated, had all the assistance desks and self service machines, is now a big empty space.

Only 2 desks and 2 lanes with the BA logos, 1 line for Gold, Silver and Bronze which have been moved from their previous location and is now situated in the middle of the main check in desks there.

1 entrance and line for all other passengers.

There was a bit of a queue building up in both lanes, some of whom had lots of luggage. I wanted paper boarding passes but gave up and just downloaded them on the App.

Hearing through the grapevine that the floor space where BA used to be was needed by Edinburgh Airport for other airlines, not sure whom as yet.

Apparently this is going to be the way now so wondering of others experiences recently as it has only been done in the last week or so I am told. I'd certainly advise from what I seen if this is the way now with only 2 lines open and your checking in luggage I'd advise to arrive a bit earlier than usual if today was anything to go by.

I should have taken a photo but was in a little bit of a rush but will post one when I return next week.