FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The 2018 BA compensation thread: Your guide to Regulation EC261/2004
Old Apr 24, 2018, 5:10 am
corporate-wage-slave
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by n4ynx
is there anywhere that states they have to disprove the time I state, ill ask Iberia but doubt they will help.

I shall reply back again today stating it all out and see what they say.
It's a general provision of the Regulation - passengers get compensation unless x, y and z, not the other way around, and it's the airline's responsibility to do this. So if (e.g) you gave a statement of truth to MCOL saying "I arrived 3 hours 47 minutes late" (or whatever it was) then it's up to BA to say "no you didn't, you arrived at hh:mm". If there is a dispute on the facts - very rare in this area - then a judge makes the decision. In this case BA either have wrong information or can't count very accurately.

Personally I would simply re-state the facts and ask BA for an agreement to deadlock for CEDR purposes.