FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - China 24, 72, and 144 hour Transit Without Visa ("TWOV") rules master thread
Old Apr 23, 2018, 6:59 am
jiejie

Programs: various
Originally Posted by a023624a
Requesting fellow members and seniors to help me too on the following ? Thanks in advance
To me, the flight sequence looks acceptable for 24 hour TWOV in both directions, for both USA and the Indian passport holders. Prohibitions on USA citizens using Wuhan as part of a double-stop TWOV seem to have been removed. On the return flight, you won't have time to leave either Chinese airport but on the outbound flight, that 19 hours is a long layover to be trapped inside the airport. I would advise that you try to escape, and one of the best ways to do that is to short-check your luggage to CAN only so that you have to be stamped in for 24 hours at the TWOV queue in order to proceed to Baggage Claim and pick up your stuff. You may then put it in Left Luggage for a small fee while you go into the city, just get back a couple of hours ahead of the onward flight to pick it up and check in at the airline desk.