FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Understanding GUF2
View Single Post
Old Apr 23, 2018, 3:33 am
KARFA
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by 07L 25R
Hello, I'd just like to confirm a few things before I commit to a short TP run before my membership year ends... (I'm approximately 100TP short!)
  1. for the GUF2, it can only be used when the ticket is booked via a TA if all flights on the PNR are BA operated on a 125- ticket
  2. if the ticket is booked directly through BA, then the PNR can contain partner flights and it wouldn't matter
  3. however, TA bookings allow for CW->F upgrade if there are A class fares available; BA bookings only upgrade if there are first class award spaces

And if the above is true, then does anyone have general advice on whether they've had difficulties using the GUF2? I just know that there aren't always first class award spaces available, especially on the Far East longhaul routes - but if TA bookings allow for their use where there is paid availability, then surely it can't be too difficult?
I think you have answers to your questions now, but have a look at the guide here as there is lots of useful information BA Gold Upgrade Voucher Discussion and Wiki Thread