FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Chase UR points value vs Amex MR?
View Single Post
Old Apr 22, 2018, 6:10 pm
sdsearch
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jungly
Assuming Delta has the same policy of AA, where all Exec Plat AA members get complimentary upgrades on any flight including overseas.
I don't know what DL has, but on AA, Exec Plat member get complimentary upgrades without needing instruments only on domestic flights. For overseas flights, they get a limited number (4?) of SWUs (systemwide upgrades) each of which can only be used one-way in the same situations that miles+copay upgrades can be used (ie, you need the same upgrade inventory available).

Meanwhile, DL may well more complicated because they have Comfort Plus universally as an extra cabin between coach an business. So I don't know if you need to have Comfort Plus seat to qualify for an upgrade (beyond C+) or not.

Originally Posted by jungly
Most of us keep the following cards in our wallet: Chase Reserve + Amex Platinum as our keeper.
Most of who???

Certainly not most of FTers. Do you just means most people posting in this thread?

Given that both of those are expensive cards, there's a lot of people who don't bother with them. I, for example, don't have either one, and don't see a use for either one for myself (that would justify the annual fee).

And I get AA miles by churning AA cards (which are available from two banks), not by having a convertible points program that transfers to AA (since none exists). There are people in the Citi forum AA thread, in fact, who get so many AA mailers (which have no "24 month" language that they're getting an AA signup boons almost every month. But of course, that puts them way over 5/24 very quickly, so you have to decide what's most important to you, more Chase cards, or AA miles.

Last edited by sdsearch; Apr 22, 2018 at 6:19 pm