FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Upcoming changes to Flying Blue in 2018
View Single Post
Old Apr 22, 2018, 4:28 pm
Solevita

Programs: KL Plat
Originally Posted by Xandrios
I had to book a flight that is somewhat more expensive due to it taking place during NL school holidays in May. Compared a few fares for AMS-ATH:

KLM eco 511 euro, AZ eco 370 euro, AZ business 470 euro
That's simply a quirk of the fare structure, doesn't matter which Skyteam carrier you're on. I booked a trip GOT-MAN. Cheapest Eco at the time was just under €200, Business was €400. So twice the price for thrice the XP (and around thrice the miles, as well as a generous baggage allowance, handy for the return trip).

Originally Posted by Xandrios
So I went with the business fare, earning 60 XP rather than 10 with KLM. That's 33% of Gold re-qalification done with only one short-haul roundtrip. This is a much more comfortable way of mileage (XP?) running than I'm used to..! I don't have many other Skyteam flights scheduled yet this year, but a couple of long-haul flights for work may just be enough to actually allow me to requalify (which I had pretty much given up on). Great for me, not so great for AFKL as it is now beneficial to fly other carriers..

One question regarding award miles on other carriers: Is there still a minimum earning, like in the past? Can't really find anything on this through the (rather minimal) FB website.
I'm assuming minimum earning applies as before, but this is where it's now better to book with a non-FB Skyteam partner - you still get miles-based miles.