FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - "I m flying TK XX, route xxx-xxx, which aircraft, which seat is used?" Master Thread
Old Apr 22, 2018, 4:21 pm
mad_atta

Programs: Too many golds, no plat: OZ*G, AC*G, NZ*G, VA Gold, QF Gold, HH Gold, Bonvoy Gold
A321 J configs

Originally Posted by ILman
Hi all

Is this rule (from wiki) still valid?

A321's & B738's/9's Business Class Seats Conundrum:
4x Rows - Seating AB EF = New Business Class (Cradle Seats)
3x or 5x Rows - Seating AC DF = Old Business Class (Economy Seats w/ middle seat blocked)
Originally Posted by jlisi984
Yes, especially the AB EF.
I'm seeing various A321 seatmaps on ExpertFlyer that seem to blend the options above, ie they have five rows of J but use the AB EF seat naming convention. Looking on planespotters.net list of TK's A321 configs it seems that there are both 16 seat and 20 seat dedicated J cabins, so is it fair to assume that the 'AB EF' naming convention is the best way to figure out whether it's Eurobusiness or 2+2?

I'm deciding whether to redeem miles on LIS-IST or OPO-IST in J. I'm fairly flexible about which location we fly out of so for a 4.5hr flight, getting a better shot at 2+2 seating would make all the difference. It's at least nice to see that according to planespotters.net only 12 of TK's 68 A321s still have the old Eurobusiness...