FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Official announcement – See how our three loyalty programs will become one in August
Old Apr 22, 2018, 3:33 pm
birdyy
Original Member

Originally Posted by aaupgrade
Chase Marriott Visa free night certificates are not transferable.

Regular awards and the hotel portion of Travel Package awards in the current program are transferable; you make the reservation and then call MR and have them change the name on the reservation. If the reservation is cancelled then the points would go back into your account; whereas, if you transfer points to another person so they can complete an award then if they cancel the award all of the points from the award would go into their account.

Now another question that I have not yet seen addressed (but may have missed) is:

Will we be required to have points in our account to make an award reservation? That is the way it is currently at Marriott, but I believe you must have the requisite points at SPG (please correct me if this is wrong).
Thanks much. I'd love to gather all my families credit card certificates (Starwood - After Aug 1 and Marriot) to make a nice week vacation, but seems that is probably to good to be true.