FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BoA ... A hundred point credit score drop for unpaid $79 annual fee.
Old Apr 21, 2018, 1:27 pm
Jane42

Originally Posted by RedSun
One instance (your Macy's) does not mean the method failed. The bank says very clearly that the very first one or two payments won't be auto-paid. So pay attention to what service you get.
Off topic, but I cancelled my Macy's card! I had been working diligently to get my credit score up. When I used my Macy's card to purchase something (discount required use of card), I then went home and paid immediately.

Since I hardly ever use that card, I didn't check it. I had paid immediately in full, so had it as no payment due on my spreadsheet. Then I received a letter in the mail telling me $32.09 was overdue and had been sent to collection!

Apparently, when I made the payment, no amount was shown due, so they reversed it and put it back in my account rather than leaving the payment on the card, even though it showed the amount as a purchase when I paid the card. Not sure if that is normal, but it peed me right off because my credit had been good for many years with no late payment!

Last edited by EmailKid; Apr 21, 2018 at 1:46 pm Reason: Using symbols to hide profanity is not allowed on FlyerTalk