FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hyatt Regency Sonoma Wine (Vineyard Creek) , Santa Rosa, CA - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Apr 21, 2018, 10:06 am
365RoadWarrior

I was under the impressions that the renovation was done or nearly so. I thought that the restaurant was open. I was wrong on both counts. Breakfast is fine for me, but it is a card-table affair, buffet style, in a conference room. Maybe a half cut above a Hyatt Place. The rest of the hotel is nice, but large swaths are inaccessible. I am working long days, so I can't comment on construction noise/disruption. The hotel is under protest by a group called Unite Here. I was unaware before my arrival.

Since this is an award stay, I have been trying to get the parking charge waived. Just $10/day, but... The bigger deal was Friday night. Big social event, no parking. Valet was gridlock for almost an hour, until I gave up. Today I am taking off work at 5:30PM and hoping. I should have asked this morning, so it was my "bad" there.

The hotel is quite dog-friendly, a "good" or "not so..." depending on how you feel about table-scrap-seekers at breakfast and surprise wet noses when you're lifting weights in the gym. I'm a big dog-lover, so very tolerant/forgiving.

Ultimately, I had a nice stay. Hotel staff - front desk, room attendants, custodians, maintenance people - were all fine. My room, despite facing the street, was quiet, and the windows opened wide. The StayFit was good, though the ventilation system was noisy. Location is tourist central, but it's easy to flee, with two highways right there, and good bus service six days a week.

Last edited by 365RoadWarrior; Apr 23, 2018 at 9:13 am