FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 2018 Alaska Airlines *FLAME-FREE* Q&A thread: all welcome, new and old!
Old Apr 21, 2018, 9:55 am
Finkface

Programs: AS 75k, UA peon, BA Bronze, AC E50k, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
Originally Posted by tatterdema
Stupid question probably, but here goes, lol.

I am MVP, partner is not. I booked my flight and his separately to use up different certificates. I linked our reservations. I was able to upgrade mine from Elite Status Seat to Premium Seat for free today, with empty middle next to me, but unable to move him out of lowly Main. If I call and talk with an agent do you think they will move him? If not, no big deal, sigh, I will take one for the team and give my seat to him. Lol, he can drink, I cannot.
Originally Posted by CDKing
You can ask nicely but officially it only applies if you are on the same reservation.
Agreed. Definitely a YMMV situation and you’d be more likely to get it if you were Gold or 75K I have found. I called in on a similar situation a couple of days ago. It was a very short flight so it wasn’t a big deal at all but I had to call about something else on the res anyway so I asked. The agent said no, we had to be on the same PNR. No problem said I, and we laughed about being apart for a 38 minute flight. At the end of the call, she said she had moved him up beside me as a one time courtesy.