FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Conrad New York Midtown {US-NY} (formerly The London NYC)
Old Apr 21, 2018, 8:49 am
BDLORD

Programs: UA 1.5 Million Mile flyer, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Hertz 5* and PC since 1985
Thumbs down The London NYC (A Conrad? lol)

This is by far the worst Conrad in the World.
Conrad Hilton must be spinning in his grave.
I'm a Hilton Gold Honors member, been one for many years, I even spent a few as a Diamond member.
Where to start?
Let's start with the price, my room was over $450 for one night stay including taxes. Average for a nice room in the city
I used to stay here when it was a Rhiga Royal
It's not what it used to be and it's definitely not what it could be.
The place needs a serious make-over.
The furniture and walls and moldings are full of dents and divots.
There are noticeable crumbs and hairs on the sofa.
The towels are ragged. Very few reminders of the hotel's much better days.
The Fitness center had loads of broken equipment.
Front Desk doesn't answer the phone at all hours, it rings for a few minutes and then disconnects
Housekeeping has Do Not Disturb when you call them.
We had to wait over an hour for a blanket.
As a Gold you usually get free breakfast or points. The offering was very generous at $30 per person. The breakfast was very good, the manager was a gem. He went above and beyond to accommodate.
That was the one good thing, it goes downhill from here.
The room I booked on the Hilton app wasn't ready so they assigned another room. What a dump! Tired and beat up best describes the room. Furniture was old and stained as was the carpet, found out later it was soaking wet when I stepped in it with socks on. Desk was dirty and well worn. Some lights did not operate and the TV would not turn off.
This is a Conrad Hotel and supposed to be the best of the best.
It's just a Con
After my discoveries I tried to change rooms but was told they were completely booked up, which was a blatant lie. I checked with my Hilton app and they were still selling rooms, pretty bold move when you're all booked up???
I've been told they are going to renovate.
Never welcomed as a Honors member
No water offered or in room, I forgot to ask
Never offered an upgrade, don't expect one. They do usually apologize that one is not available.
My best advice is to avoid at all costs until they do.