FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - W Amsterdam, Netherlands [Master Thread]
View Single Post
Old Apr 21, 2018, 7:44 am
myperks

Angry Ridiculous policy on corporate rates

i had a buddy of mine that stayed at the W Amsterdam last week. Upon checking in, he was advised that corporate rates are not eligible for upgrades to even standard rooms in the bank building. However, if it was just a regular rate, Platinum members (he has Ambassador) can be upgraded to the bank building without a upgrade fee. He texted me and I told him to call Plat Concierge and/or ambassador. According to him, the ambassador called back and said the MOD was firm on the policy even though SET rates are eligible rates under SPG platinum upgrade policy. That’s not all, an email to the GM resulted in the same comment. The best part of the email was that he stated the corporate rate is for the exchange building. Are you kidding me? Most of, if not all, corporate rates are for the run of the House rooms. My buddy decided to not pursue it because it was only one night but never have I met this kind of lame excuse. The night in question all types of rooms were available so availability was not an issue.

any thoughts?

Last edited by myperks; Apr 21, 2018 at 9:13 am Reason: spelling