FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Quite possibly the worst Delta experience in 30 years and 1.5 M miles
Old Apr 21, 2018, 6:25 am
btonkid12345

Programs: DL DM, SPG Plat 100/LT Gold, Marriott Plat, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by Richinga
(I had misstated in my original post that I had Z fare, which was not totally correct. I had Z on the JFK-PVG leg, but T on the ATL-JFK but had cleared to FC on a RUC). I understand the fare rules and same class of service not being available, but Delta should have waived the fee given they issued the tickets under two PNR’s and failed to inform me that they would not be able to check me in for the connecting flight.
The rules are still on your side here. If your RUC cleared in advance of you making the change, you were in a paid premium fare, and eligible for the First Class SDC policy (move to any other flight for $75 Same Day Confirm fee if a seat is available in the forward cabin, and the fee waived for you as DM)

Call and get this refund or voucher! DL doesn't need your charity.
Originally Posted by TerryK
That's how it works when you are on separate tickets. How it was booked, or who booked it, is irrelevant. Note you are also not protected in case of irregular operations. i.e. if ATL-JFK is delayed, or cancelled, and you miss your MU flight, DL will not protect you as you are on separate tickets. Again, how it was booked is irrelevant.

Your valid complaint is poor explanation by DL phone agent when booking your ticket. Write to DL and they may throw in some Skymiles.
Technically, yes. In practice, this would be awful service, especially for one of their DMs who is proactively calling to try and fix something. Why must some people be so robotic and act like the airline is God and can do no wrong? If a DL phone agent didn't inform a DIAMOND MEDALLION of such, SkyMiles won't fix anything...they need to fix their reservation blunder. Sheesh. Doesn't even cost them anything and it's free for the OP per their SDC policy.

Also, hilarious that you mention booking under one ticket for protection. I've tried to get DL to book me on one ticket so many times recently; because of an overnight connection, the agent claims "computer says no" and then suggests I buy two tickets. WHAT?! Point is, their own people are incompetent at making the reservation.