FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Discussion: SPG Lifetime™ Gold and SPG Lifetime™ Platinum status
Old Apr 20, 2018, 7:39 pm
dannybhoy

Programs: SPG LTP, HH D
Originally Posted by yeunganson
I think for all of us here that made it to SPG Lifetime Plat and have a SPG credit card, it's very likely we would have earned 2 mil equivalent of Marriott points (ie 666,667 SPG points). That's min 10 years of SPG card spending, min 500 nights of earnings. That's before all those bonus points earned from promotions, SPG credit card churning welcome bonuses, AMEX MR transfers and welcome amenities and the long-gone 500 points for busy website.

It's more challenging for SPG Lifetime members that life in countries with no SPG AMEX.(but should have a normal AMEX that can do a more costly AMEX MR -> SPG transfer).

The 2 million Marriott points to those Marriott members is daunting mainly because they are trying to get there without putting in 10 years.
I'm only one data point but a cursory read of my Master Statement indicates that I earned 950,000 SPG points over 14 years and 528 lifetime EQNs. And the majority of my nights were at second-rate (even third-rate) Sheratons, LMs and Four Points. That's as a non-US resident without recourse to points/EQN doping from US credit cards.

If I'm any indication as a barely SPG LTP500 non-US member, I'm certain that the Stateside SPG LTP750s with their SPG CCs could easily have more than 2 million SPG points. Therefore, the vaunted legacy Marriott LTP requirement of 2 million MR points is a joke!