FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Discussion: SPG Lifetime™ Gold and SPG Lifetime™ Platinum status
Old Apr 20, 2018, 6:20 pm
SPGSerenityNow

Programs: SPG
I am currently at over 600 nights combined with SPG and Marriott, but will only have 9 years of SPG Platinum at the end of the year. I saw the following quote on the members benefits website:
If you achieved Elite status in both SPG and Rewards in one year, you’ll receive credit for two Elite years
Does this mean that if I do 50+ nights in both SPG hotels and Marriott this year I will be credited with 2 year of elite status and that would put me at 10 years of elite?
I'm currently at 41 nights at SPG this year and 9 at Marriott. Do I just need 9 more nights at SPG properties, than after that 41 nights at Marriott properties to have "2 years credit" or is it just for past years?

Sorry if this is confusing, I just saw an opportunity to have LPE at the end of the year. I'm not sure that I will have more than 50 nights next year, but this year will be a 100+ nights so I might change my bookings accordingly.

Last edited by SPGSerenityNow; Apr 20, 2018 at 7:46 pm