FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Forum Lounge Thread (2018)
View Single Post
Old Apr 20, 2018, 1:59 pm
jc94

Programs: FOTSG Tangerine Ex E35k (AC)
Originally Posted by canadiancow
I knew they could do "end of next business day", which is why I'm booked on the 1845 YYZ-SFO on Monday. But I'd much rather be back in SFO by Monday morning, and she suggested it.
Oh so it's from 12:45 one day to 3:30 the next? And business day, that's not as good.

Originally Posted by Jumper Jack
Sometimes doing the right thing has its costs.
$4520 USD worth of shares just appeared on my brokerage account for no reason, I decided to inform BMO after two days and these guys said thanks but now I have to spend good hour or two migrating my account and relink everything again(more phone calls ayee) because reversing this transaction would mean my private info would be displayed to the other party.

No comps offered, ofc. Might even come back and bite me in the bottom next tax season if this shows up as a trade lol
No good deed. Surely unless you were to sell them it won't appear or need listing? I worry when banks have this sort of thing happen, if I was missing $4520 USD as someone presumably is I'd not be happy. I'm already not happy with the time it takes RRSP companies to move money around. "[the move] takes up to a couple of weeks". Erm no, it doesn't.

It's because of this sort of inefficient customer service from companies I've actually come out on top. If I spent an hour with them to resolve the issue and come out a few dollars on top, well that's the fee for me having to spend an hour sorting out their error.