FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Would you mind switching seats with me...
Old Apr 20, 2018, 9:55 am
Proudelitist
Suspended

Originally Posted by orbitmic
that's definitely an unlucky record (and I fly about 200 flights/year)
I tend to be in situations where asking is more common. Most of it is in F, from upgraded couples that really should just be grateful they got the upgrade, but must also look the gift horse in the mouth and try to displace people so they can be together. Or worse, on at least two occasions, ONE of the couple got the UG, and tried to get me to swap for their spouses coach seat so the other could sit in F with them too.

I am also the guy flying solo, and the one in the coveted seats no matter what cabin they are in. Exit rows, premium economy seats, 2nd row of F, 64K on the upper deck, and the guy who frequently must fly on routes that are more family heavy like flights to MCO and SNA...where EVERYONE is a split up family. I am also the guy who flies internationally to places where the general cultural norms are more oriented to an aggressive first-come-first served attitude that disregards seat assignments..China, South America, South Asia etc.

In any case, I have flown thousands of flights in that time...ballparking an incidence of 40 still makes it pretty low and hardly unlucky. But the more you play, the more you catch.