FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Citi AA cards: All (Platinum, Gold, Executive; Business) 2018
Old Apr 19, 2018, 9:39 pm
gnomey

Originally Posted by druryvanek26
I have had a similar experience recently. A family member (who had 12 approvals in a row over the past 14 months) was denied yesterday. We called four times over the past two days. The CSRs said the exact same thing that you mentioned. We pushed them to do a manual override to submit the application, but no luck. I don't think recon of these denials is very easy.

The next two things I'm looking to find more about:
1) Does the denial reset the clock for getting another approval (need to wait 60 days from denial before applying again)? Or do you just count the denial as an application and recalculate 8/65? I have a DP from another family member back in March who was approved 35 days after the denial in February, but I'm not sure if something has changed since then.
2) Does applying for a Biz card (after a personal) not trigger the auto denial since it is not a duplicate application?

The question 2) is interesting. Does the MAC denial only happen among Citi AA personal cards? Or has anyone got MAC denial with business versions as well? (may have missed some DP along the way)