FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Citi AA cards: All (Platinum, Gold, Executive; Business) 2018
Old Apr 19, 2018, 7:44 pm
bejis00

Originally Posted by teammjs
I've dealt with Citibank cards for almost two decades, and I've always thought they were the least reliable CSRs...that said, for my wife and I (auto-denied around the 10th each) we've now called a dozen times: A) to get an explanation, and B) to get a manual override review.

In all cases, we get intelligent sounding American CSRs that also appear earnest and not seeing any past "log" on our previous calls. In EVERY case, we've been specifically told about the 60 days being the issue and that there is nothing they can do to put it forward for a manual review. The letter didn't specify 60 days, and we never suggested it, and yet every one almost seems to be reading it on a screen, so the absolute consistency does almost lead me to believe Citi CSRs (for once!).

I'm purely speculating that the first few days of this seemingly likely "1 in 60" world, people were able to get in before the door "closed" to get a manual review. It'll be interesting to see if anyone recently (last couple days) has had success in that. Again, my speculation is that either everyone is trained now, or the screen they look at has now been specifically updated to say they can't review it.

I hope I'm wrong, but I just wanted to sound a word of caution that it's not a guarantee that you can count on a manual override and approval, but we'll need to see if it's still viable at all going forward.
I see what you're saying, but it seems Wilbur's DP for a manual review is from 2 days ago?