FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Lifetime Marriott Rewards elite status (Pre-Merge 2018 and earlier)
Old Apr 19, 2018, 6:10 pm
CCIE_Flyer

Programs: UA Gold/1.5MM (several years running now!), Marriott LTTE, Hertz Prez
Originally Posted by sfosyd
I received the exact opposite response from the MR call center. I was told that there will be one time points conversion, and grandfather to Platinum Premier, on August 1st, if you have met the threshold for Lifetime Platinum in the Marriott program.
I've seen a lot of post referencing something happening to individual accounts on Aug 1. But don't we have to manually combine (even if already linked) our accounts ourselves? I think that the only thing that happens on Aug 1 is that new program policy kicks in. Sure, many of us will be queued up to also combine our accounts on that same day, but the notion of anything happening to individual accounts automatically in the background strikes me as somewhat dubious.

I personally will be thrilled if my SPG points convert 1:3 to MR points prior to consideration for LTPP - I will clear that hurdle easily, if so. I'm just not yet even remotely pursuaded that that's what's actually going to shake out (particularly since, for example, the MR table references lifetime status today vs. on Aug 1.

Obviously it would be exceptionally helpful were MR to release the actual formula that will be applied to the two accounts -- if they themselves even know what that is or will be up 'til now...