FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - U.S. Travel Association's Daily Getaways 2018
Old Apr 19, 2018, 6:10 pm
Enigma368

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, BA Silver
Originally Posted by iahphx
This is the first time in several years that I've been able to get a Hertz deal from Daily Getaways. I went for the 16,500 package due to the slightly higher number offered, more points, and good price-per-point pricing. I've tried hard the past few years to "win" with no success. I'm thinking the new interface this year momentarily confused some folks.

I honestly don't think most people should buy these packages. They're really only useful for VERY frequent travelers. For most rentals, you just comparison shop and get the best price. And when that doesn't work, I still prefer National's Emerald Club, where there are usually good codes to use (and National's service and cars are superior to Hertz). But sometimes you have an "unusual" trip (like you need a downtown pick up, or a city that National doesn't serve), or something overseas, and National can't help you. Also, the elimination of the Discover Card's "Rewards" redemption for National (where you "paid" $20 and got $40 off) has effectively raised the price of some short National rentals for me. So I'm glad to restock my Hertz points. I hope others who bought also did so wisely.
Agreed. I have a specific need for them but yes, even at the Daily Getaway price, you are probably just breaking even on most rentals. It's not a huge saving except on specific rentals or specific markets.