FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Lifetime Marriott Rewards elite status (Pre-Merge 2018 and earlier)
Old Apr 19, 2018, 5:21 pm
edcho

Originally Posted by skaggman
where do you find on your MR web page how many years you have been Gold or Platinum? When you click on "Nights" it only shows number of nights and total points. While I'm asking, I have >750 nights but less than 2mm points so I'm a Lifetime Gold. Everywhere I read on the MR or FT websites, it says nothing about points. So, if I am greater than 750 nights, I should be a LT Platinum...in August, would this move me to LTPE?
The legacy SPG or Marriott Program rules counts for the conversion. Since you are a MR, you need 750 Nights and 2M points (no year requirement) for Legacy LT Plat to convert to the new LTPE.

The new lifetime program that begins on August 1st doesn't allow earnings to LTPE.

The big debate is when you need to achieve the legacy LTP. Some say August 1st while others say Dec 31st. Equally mixed messages are coming out from the call centers and chats so i'm just gonna wait until they clarify it on the website or something.