FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Renaissance St. Pancras, London, UK [Master Thread]
Old Apr 19, 2018, 4:18 pm
aaupgrade

Programs: MR LTT, BA Gold, AA LTP, UA Silver
Originally Posted by shawneve
I already have 10 SNAs for this year. They were earned by achieving SPG Platinum Status with 50 nights last year. (as opposed to someone getting Plat after 25 stays) They expire at the end of the year.
They definitely are a Platinum Benefit but only if you made Platinum with 50 nights. I can't say if Marriott Plats were given SNAs when they linked accounts and were given SPG Plat because I am a 'native SPG Plat'
I guess the confusing part is that in SPG you could be Platinum without hitting 50 nights, but when you do hit 50 you get some additional benefits, and some more at 75.
In the new program, I will now have to hit 75 nights this year to get my same 10 SNAs to use next year.
I assume current Marriott Golds and Plats will be given SNAs to use for the rest of this year when they are given their new Plat or PPlat status in August. (because Marriott is 50 or 75 nights only)
Clear as mud
Hope that helps.
Thanks, you answered my question. SNAs are based on nights stayed not status which is what I suspected. So no SNAs for LTP or LTPP unless they actually stay 50 or 75 nights each year. That's Ok with me.

I think one of the big differentiators between those who prefer SPG or MR is that one group values upgrade to suites more whereas the other group values lounge access more. For example, being single and ironically a non-drinker, I prefer MR because of lounge access for the breakfast, light evening meal, and in the case of SPR afternoon tea, and the social aspect, but I also like when I'm upgraded to a better room which almost always happens or suite which happens occasionally. So hence lounge access is more important than upgrades. Yes, SPG Plat get lounge access too, but virtually every non-resort Ren, MR and JW have lounges. All my travel is personal leisure travel, but I have telecommuted for 20 years so I do take my office with me. Also 90% of my travel is international so most of the hotels where I stay have very nice lounges. The majority of domestic lounges are mediocre IMO.

Having said all that, it was actually an effort to get back on topic as the SPR Chambers Club is quite nice and one of my favorite lounges along with a number of Asian lounges, and it is my favorite in Europe. I hope your plan works out and you and your family enjoy London and the Chambers Club.