FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Renaissance St. Pancras, London, UK [Master Thread]
Old Apr 19, 2018, 3:46 pm
shawneve

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium Hilton Diamond AC*75K
Originally Posted by aaupgrade
1) Will you have your annual 50+ nights in toward your elites status for 2018? If not it appears (note I said appears) that you will not have 5 SNAs. As best I can tell from reading the SNA material and anecdotal evidence from SPG members, SNAs are not really a Plat or PP benefit although they do have parallel milestones. SNAs are awarded after achieving 50 and 75 nights STAY thresholds. So for me as a LTP, soon to be LTPP, I personally do not expect to see any SNAs unless they count my CC nights, which by their use of the word "STAYS" I ASSUME they will not. I am an realist and when I make assumptions tend to do so on the negative side thus lowering my expectations; if they differ, then I will be pleasantly surprised instead of disappointed, which is a nice segway to...

If you have insight or feedback about what I said about 50/75 night STAY accrual toward SNAs in #1 above, I would appreciate it.
I already have 10 SNAs for this year. They were earned by achieving SPG Platinum Status with 50 nights last year. (as opposed to someone getting Plat after 25 stays) They expire at the end of the year.
They definitely are a Platinum Benefit but only if you made Platinum with 50 nights. I can't say if Marriott Plats were given SNAs when they linked accounts and were given SPG Plat because I am a 'native SPG Plat'
I guess the confusing part is that in SPG you could be Platinum without hitting 50 nights, but when you do hit 50 you get some additional benefits, and some more at 75.
In the new program, I will now have to hit 75 nights this year to get my same 10 SNAs to use next year.
I assume current Marriott Golds and Plats will be given SNAs to use for the rest of this year when they are given their new Plat or PPlat status in August. (because Marriott is 50 or 75 nights only)
Clear as mud
Hope that helps.