FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Renaissance St. Pancras, London, UK [Master Thread]
Old Apr 19, 2018, 12:52 pm
hockeyinsider
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Originally Posted by shawneve
Considering this hotel for an upcoming family trip to Europe. (5 days in London)
Booking two rooms with points. (Plat member)
Currently it does not appear to work out as I have 5 of us with 2 teens and a 12 yr old.
All of the rewards rooms have max occupancy of 2 even the Superior and Premier rooms that have a cash upcharge. A suite is bookable with a L950 upcharge. (no thanks)

I already have a points booking that works at the Kensington but really want to stay here.
My hope is that post Aug 1, I will be able to use SNAs to secure one of my rooms to a suite. (occupancy works and Chamber Club access for three in that room, I will "officially" be in the other room granting that room Chamber club access) Hopefully SNAs will be functional at Marriott hotels right away, and Chambers Suites are an option.
My plan is to make another booking at this hotel, apply the SNA and if it clears I would cancel the Kensington booking, if not, I cancel this one. (Cancellations allowed up to 1 day before arrival)

Anyone see any issue with this strategy?
Well, this hotel will cost more points after August 1. When are you planning on staying? Have you looked at cash rates, including the member packages? Do you absolutely need to be here or could you do say the Marriott Maida Vale, which is a lower award-redemption category and has good cash rates?