FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Disturbing Room Key Situation...Seeking Advice on How to Procede
Old Apr 19, 2018, 5:50 am
LondonElite
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Well, IceWhitecube, welcome to FT. I suspect you're not going to get the response you are hoping for here.

There are a lot of holes in this story, and I can't quite decide whether some of the information you've provided is fanciful or whether you really didn't see this coming.

- If the gas station and hotel share the same parking lot, why couldn't she charge her phone in the hotel lobby?
- Did you try and call the number that apparently wouldn't answer? Is it even real?
- You invited a very nice looking female to your room? There has got to be more to this. I couldn't imagine inviting a complete stranger into my hotel room.
- If she didn't get to charge her phone in the room, would you not have alerted the front desk to what was obviously at this point a scam? You must have had alarm bells ringing by now.
- Why would you not file a report with the police? This does not make sense to me.

It is pretty obvious that she switched key cards with you. The hotel owes you nothing, in my opinion.