FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Lifetime Marriott Rewards elite status (Pre-Merge 2018 and earlier)
Old Apr 18, 2018, 8:03 pm
jrothenb

Programs: SPG Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by CPRich
As I responded when this was posted over at SPG, this is a bunch of gobbledygook. Read it. It says if you're a member of both programs, then you'll be given Lifetime Platinum Premier.
Not so sure. I replied to the original email I received from Marriott to clarify. My note was...

"XXXXXXX, thank you for clarifying. So could you please confirm, even though I earned Lifetime Platinum status under the SPG program, because I have linked my accounts, I will be grandfathered as a Lifetime Platinum Premier in the new program, not just Lifetime Platinum. It would be helpful if the Marriott members info web page were updated to reflect this, as it is not currently clear that SPG Lifetime Platinum are included in the Lifetime Platinum Premier grandfathering. Rather, it only lists Marriott Rewards and Ritz Carlton lifetime platinum members as receiving the status. All best, XXXXXXX"

And the response I received a couple of hours ago was...

"Mr. XXXXXXX,

I am sorry I omitted this.

As of now, because you the SPG member has linked your accounts, you are now a Marriott Reward member.

In August your status will also be grandfathered in at Platinum Lifetime Premier.

I hope all this is a clearer picture for you.

Have a great evening.

XXXXXX XXXXXXXXX
XXXXX Platinum Desk
XXXXX###
[email protected]"