FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Color laser printer?
View Single Post
Old Apr 18, 2018, 6:37 pm
nkedel
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 2MM (LT-PLT, PPro for this year)
Originally Posted by BigLar
The color laser I use as a normal printer is a Dell (3130cn) and it does nice work, but not really photo quality. Fine for ordinary business uses. A full set of Dell toners would run somewhere north of $700, so I'm looking strongly into generics (hopefully with the chip). Keepin' mah finders crossed.
I've got the exact same printer (I guess it's a 3130CDN now, although I bought the duplexer separately.) Been a real workhorse; for a color laser, I find it does fine on photos -- for real photos, there's no substitution for dye sub, although I did like the quality of the solid ink printers back when I had access to one at work.

FWIW, I've had a very good experience with generic black toner in the 3130. I thought I was the one who last ordered it and could provide a link, but it looks like my wife did. LMK if you want me to have her track down which brand we used. We don't use a lot of color, and are still on all the original toners (over half, I think) after 6 1/2 years and two black toner replacements.