FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Reinstatement of Expired MileagePlus Miles [Consolidated]
Old Apr 18, 2018, 6:25 pm
allmail

Hi..

I have a small question, I had 60k expire in Nov.

I want to do the reinstate challenge.

It says on the main page
  • Successfully apply, get approved and make a purchase with a United MileagePlus credit card that was opened after payment of the registration fee
So I have to pay the fee first. But what happens if for some reason Chase does not approve my card?

But if I read the Terms and Conditions, it says the following and there is nothing that says that I have to get the card after paying the fee, it just says that make a purchase

Terms and Conditions

Reinstatement Challenge - Terms and Conditions

1. Registration for this offer must occur within 18 months from the date of expiration.
  2. Once the $100 non-refundable registration fee is processed, the member has 90 days to make a purchase with a United MileagePlus credit card from Chase or complete a paid qualifying roundtrip on United or United Express.
  3. Members who are not already the primary cardmember of a United MileagePlus credit card may apply online at united.com/creditcard. Only the primary cardmember of a United MileagePlus credit card can qualify for reactivation on credit card purchase activity.
  4. Authorized users of a current United MileagePlus credit card account are not eligible for this promotion.
  5. Flights must be operated by United or United Express and are not valid on United marketed code share flights operated by other carriers. Star Alliance flights are not eligible.
  6. You may reinstate a maximum of 750,000 miles for one account. Miles expired in excess of 750,000 are forfeited.
  7. Miles earned from credit card purchases or flights must be posted to the members' MileagePlus account to qualify.
  8. Allow 2-3 weeks from the qualifying posting for your expired miles to be reactivated.
  9. The reactivated miles do not count toward premier qualifying status.
  10. Reactivated miles will be posted only to the MileagePlus account from which they expired.
  11. Miles accrued, awards and benefits issued are subject to change and are subject to the rules of the United MileagePlus program, including without limitation the Premier® program (the "MileagePlus Program"), which are expressly incorporated herein.
  12. Other restrictions may apply. United and MileagePlus are registered service marks. For complete details about the MileagePlus program, visit united.com.

Is it ok for me to apply for the card and then pay the $100 fee and hen make the purchase?

thanks