FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Race to 2.0MM Points is On!
View Single Post
Old Apr 18, 2018, 6:13 pm
getagb

Programs: DL Gold, UA nothing (ex-GS), Marriott lifetime Plat, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by pinniped
Another member on another thread posted a chat transcript from Marriott that said August 1 for the LTPP status in particular. For LTG and LTP, end-of-year seems to be the consensus.

The transcript made it sound like LTPP was a one-thing thing. If you're Marriott "old" LTP on August 1, you get it. Otherwise, you have five additional months to shoot for LTG or LTP.

Marriott really needs to post an entire FAQ about LT levels. Perhaps they can read this forum to find all of the crazy scenarios we've all laid out.
That agent just said if you had qualified in August you’d get the relevant benefits then. My reading of this, which I think is consistent with the website, that chat agent, the mostly pro-consumer spirit of this transition, and the interview with the head of the loyalty program, is that you can qualify for any of the lifetime levels any time between August and end of 2018, and get switched to the new status. You can qualify using the old Marriott LT system, the old Starwood LT system, or using the new unnamed combined system by linking your accounts. I haven’t seen anything to refute this and I would be pretty surprised if I were wrong, because an exception to this should be outlined clearly.