FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Official announcement – See how our three loyalty programs will become one in August
Old Apr 18, 2018, 3:41 pm
CJKatl

Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT
Originally Posted by C17PSGR
I agree we should look out for each other, That being said, it's fairly clear to me from recent postings that that many SPG gold/plat members acquired status because they were able to get credit for up to 3 rooms per night which wasn't available to Marriott members. Of course, MR members had ways to gain nights as well such as 15 per year for the Marriott CC and rollover nights. In my case, I have nearly 3000 nights but have had the Marriott CC for 10 years and normally significantly exceed the 75 nights per year so have had some rollover. So ... taking that into account, I probably only have 2500-2700 actual nights. I suspect there will be very few SPG members with those kind of nights.
And there is a perception that most MR LTP loaded up on cc nights (not that many as most of us did not charge hundreds of thousands or manufacture spend) and rollover nights (only granted for a few years) and have only been in the MR program for three years (Plat for 14 here which seems very common among MR LTP). The only similarity between SPG P50 and MR P is the name of the color used as the title. Putting ourselves in shoes I agree with the inequality but would hate to see it replaced with a different inequality. If SPG people with 500 credited nights can become LTPP then the same should be given to MR LTG who have the same number or nights.