FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Official announcement – See how our three loyalty programs will become one in August
Old Apr 18, 2018, 2:05 pm
an mec

Originally Posted by C17PSGR
I haven't earn anything to suggest that if you have earned SPG Gold for 2018 that they will be cancelling it in August. I'm assuming for 2019, you'll have to meet qualification standards.

When does your card renew? Has Amex emailed anything about Sheraton Club access through the time of renewal? That seems surprising if they haven't. Alternatively, have you checked to see if they will give you a partial refund of your annual fee if Sheraton Club access terminates before the time of renewal?

If they have, I haven't seen it yet. I imagine they will be reaching out about changes in the card soon though.

I have a Marriott Business that renews in the fall, an SPG business that just renewed this month and an SPG personal that renews shortly after the new year... Which is a bit larger time spread for certificate acquisition/ and therefore availability than I'm happy with, as I'll pick up 3 over about 5 months.

I am sympathetic to the argument that loyalty programs change and credit card benefits get withdrawn and that that is just the way it is. There is no way to please everyone and the highest number of stays should be king (unlike Hilton where you can now buy Platinum for the price of one higher end night ... that... is bound to affect service everywhere benefits are granted)

I'm not looking for free breakfast at Marriott, but I do feel deprived of benefits I was told I had achieved through February 2020...

From emails I have received:

Congratulations — you’re Gold with SPG®. Your status is valid through
February 29, 2020.

Remember to book directly with SPG to receive these benefits and more, including Member Exclusive Rates, at hotels and resorts participating in SPG:
EARN MORE.
3 Starpoints® per US$1 spent on eligible purchases
STEP UP YOUR STAY.
Upgrades to enhanced rooms at check-in1
STAY LONGER.
4 p.m. late checkout2

Dear 'an mec',
Congratulations! Your Gold Preferred Guest® status has been renewed because you spent $30,0001 on your Starwood Preferred Guest® Credit Card from American Express.
You will continue to enjoy all of the rewards of being an SPG® Gold member:
•3 Starpoints® per eligible U.S. dollar spent at participating hotels and resorts, a 50% bonus over Preferred level.2•Upgrades to enhanced rooms at check-in, when available.3•4 p.m. late checkout, when available.4•Your choice of a welcome gift with each stay. Choose from bonus Starpoints, complimentary in-room Internet access or a complimentary drink.
Plus, all award stays count toward elite status, making it easier to earn Platinum status even faster. With all of the enticing benefits, it's a great year to travel with The Starwood Preferred Guest® Credit Card from American Express.
Visit americanexpress.com/starwood to learn more.
Sincerely,
Starwood Preferred Guest

C'est la vie.

Last edited by an mec; Apr 18, 2018 at 2:31 pm