FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Citi Trip Delay Reimbursement (Prestige, Chairman, HHonors, AAdvantage)
Old Apr 18, 2018, 8:50 am
ncsuactor84FT

Citi Prestige Travel Insurance

I will never again buy flight tickets without Citi Prestige travel insurance. Thought I was real slick getting 5x MR points on a recent flight to southwest VA with my Amex Platinum, but I got stuck in that hail/tornado/thunder combo storm and had two flights cancelled in a row.

In the Citi Prestige benefits guide it says the following with regards to Trip Delay insurance:

"To be eligible for coverage under this benefit, your Citi card and/or ThankYouŽ Points must be used to purchase at least a portion of the Common Carrier fare."

So my question is this: what exactly does "a portion of the common carrier fare" mean? For example, if I purchase $10 of the flight ticket with my Citi Prestige and the rest with my Amex Platinum does that mean I'm eligible for Trip Delay insurance? If I use 1000 TY points to pay for the ticket and then buy the rest with my Amex will I still get Trip Delay? (note: I'm not trying to scam anyone, I'm just trying to understand exactly what Citi means by "a portion of the Common Carrier fare.")

Also, here's another example that I recently had: I purchased a round-trip ticket to Greece with my Amex. I upgraded the flight to business class with my Citi Prestige (so I could take advantage of the $250 flight credit). Am I eligible for Trip Delay with this ticket?