FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Lifetime Marriott Rewards elite status (Pre-Merge 2018 and earlier)
Old Apr 18, 2018, 7:10 am
Carpboy823

Programs: Marriott LT Titanium, UA Silver (via Marriott)
Originally Posted by padirescu
While I see your point about the asterisk, that chart is specific to benefits achieved at each level during a calendar year based on nights stayed (Silver through Ambassador). If you achieve that level through lifetime status each year I think there still needs to be clarification from Marriott on this topic. If the suite nights aren't awarded to LT PP then the only real benefit difference between LT Plat and LT PP would be a 25% point bonus and 48 hour guarantee which aren't very significant for someone who has achieved that status and is no longer traveling enough to achieve the night thresholds. For someone who has effectively achieved LT Plat 3 times over based on current threshold requirements I believe rewarding LT members with ALL benefits of their associated level is appropriate. I'm sure we'll get clarity eventually but my hope is Marriott does right by their most loyal customers who have achieved these levels.
It seems akin to airline lifetime status, where you get the "base" benefits of the status (in Marriott's case: potential upgrades, breakfast, lounge access, welcome gift), but any "choice" benefits must be earned on an annual basis. This makes sense to me, honestly - they want you to continue to be a loyal customer, so the choice benefits are a way to incentivize that.