FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AF strike June 23rd -> June 26th suspended, except for one union: SPAF
Old Apr 18, 2018, 2:45 am
Goldorak
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by Itzitzitz
I was booked on a paid La Premiere ticket from SFO to CDG to BUD April 18. Got a call yesterday from the AF desk in SFO thathat the flight was going to be cancelled. I was told that I would be booked onto Lufthansa First on the same day (April 18) from SFO-FRA-BUD. I asked them to give me a longer layover in FRA so that I could enjoy the FCT so they reissued me a ticket. When I looked at the ticket I saw they had put me into business class (despite my original fare being a paid F ticket).

I called them today and fought on the phone with AF for almost 2 hours that I should be put on an F fare and not J, and if they were going to put me into J they would have to give me a refund. I spoke to 3 different people who tried to tell e that either business was the same as first or that Lufthansa didn’t have a first class cabin on their A380 that goes from SFO to FRA. Total bull. I’ve flown both business and first with Lufthansa and had to tell them that there was indeed a difference between the two and that Lufthansa definitely has a first cabin. Eventually they looked it up and caved and changed my ticket to F with Lufthansa.

Worst part is that I was looking forward to this La Premiere trip for months and its left a pretty bad taste in my mouth. I have never flown with AF before. I am flying the return leg in La Premiere with them and it appears to be a non-strike day, but its unfortunately the A380 which I am told is an inferior F cabin.

Anyone else have similar experiences with this strike?
If you are based in the US, you obviously talked to a DL agent (DL is handling AF call centers in the US) and those guys are totally incompetent about AFKL products. So I'm not surprised they don't even know there is a difference between P and J