FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Official 2017-19: Which Smartphone Should I Get?
Old Apr 17, 2018, 10:57 pm
murtaza12

Originally Posted by nkedel
I've had bad experiences with both refurbished phones (I'd prefer to buy new, if possible) and with Samsung (which I'd prefer to avoid, if possible) so it sounds like kind of a lose-lose, but if it's cheap enough and the specs are good enough, I'd consider it.

3rd party sellers on fulfilled-by-Amazon have refurbished ones at the far side of $300, but if someone can suggest a better place to look (I've not bought anything non-disposable on eBay in years; I'm not opposed but am skeptical of their siding with the seller if I get a trashed phone) I can look.
Haven't exactly had a great experience with refurbs myself, but I wasn't in the US and it was a crap seller.

What happened with Samsung? If anything, I've had a bad experience with LG and their QC issues in the past with the G4 and V10. The G5 and V20 aren't exactly safe either, one has GPS issues and the other has spontaneously dying radios, so your cell signal will just die and you would have to send the phone in. A friend on Verizon just sent in his V20 for exactly that.

As for the specs, the V20 and Galaxy S7 edge were both released in 2016, so they have got similar internals.