FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Spain Beach Towns in May
View Single Post
Old Apr 17, 2018, 5:04 pm
TominLazybrook

Programs: UA
I was in Sitges in early June of last year. It was busy and the weather was hot. The beaches were packed too. But that was June, not May. I think you'll be fine in Sitges in late May. If its too dead, its easy to just switch it up for Barcelona. I'd just have a plan B in case the weather sucks. Use refundable hotel reservations and if the weather is supposed to be rainy, cancel in Sitges and just go to Barcelona (or even Madrid) instead.

You can also go to Barcelona without too much trouble from Sitges too. The obvious problem with that....Barcelona's STOOPID late nightlife hours. The last train leaves at midnight and there are no trains between BCN and Sitges between midnight and 545am. There is a night bus every hour between midnight and 545am between BCN and Sitges.

I WOULD CONFIRM THIS BEFORE HEADING OUT TO BCN FOR THE NIGHT WITH YOUR HOTEL. It is a 75 Euro cab fare from BCN to Sitges at night.

"The Nightbuses are under a different name - they are not called MonBus and are simply given numbers N30, N31 or N32. They run from Plaza Catalunya rather than Ronda Universitat or Plaza Espanya. The night bus journey is shorter as it goes directly from Barcelona to Sitges, with the journey time lasting 35 minutes"

Last edited by TominLazybrook; Apr 17, 2018 at 5:15 pm