FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Let’s talk about alternatives to the SPG Amex after the massive Marriott devaluation
Old Apr 17, 2018, 2:33 pm
ENIAC

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA Plat Pro, MR LTP, others from cards
Originally Posted by xy31
I already have two CC (costco for costco, food, and gas and SPG for everything else) that I use. I want a card where I don't have to think, so I am leaning towards the fidelity or citi cards that give 2% cash back on everything and no annual fee.
+1 on the Fidelity card. I have LTP so don't need a Stariott card for the EQNs. Might make sense to have one for the free night but I don't think I'll spend on it. Currently I use Sapphire Preferred for restaurants and rental car, Amex Plat for flights, and SPG Amex for everything else. In future, I think I'll go with 2% in actual money on the "everything else" which seems to beat spending on any of the hotel or airline card options. Especially since a cash balance should gain value, while a points hoard in any program tends to lose it. Not sure if the Fidelity card has good warranty protection etc. so it may make sense to purchase some things on the Sapphire.

Update: just checked -- looks like the Fidelity Rewards Visa Signature benefits include comparable warranty extension to the SPG Amex.

Last edited by ENIAC; Apr 17, 2018 at 2:39 pm Reason: Update on Fidelity benefits