FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Official announcement – See how our three loyalty programs will become one in August
Old Apr 17, 2018, 1:33 pm
C17PSGR

Programs: Marriott Ambassador; AA EXP 3MM; AS MVP, Hilton Gold, CH-47/UH-60/C-23/C-130 VET
Originally Posted by Horace
Yes! For Platinum Elite (and higher), according to https://members.marriott.com/faq/ (bold and red text to highlight text from the FAQ):

Is complimentary breakfast available for Platinum Elite members?

After 50 nights across the portfolio, members will achieve Platinum Elite status. As part of the Platinum Welcome Gift, members will have the option of choosing points, an amenity or a breakfast offering – options vary by brand, and The Ritz-Carlton, EDITION, Marriott Vacation Club, Gaylord Hotels, Marriott Executive Apartments and Design Hotels do not participate in the breakfast offering option. A breakfast offering is new for Courtyard, AC Hotels by Marriott, Moxy Hotels, Protea Hotels and resorts. Brands that are currently offering lounge access will continue to offer complimentary breakfast as part of the lounge offering.

Resorts are excluded from lounge access, which is a separately listed benefit.

Not sure if it matters since we have breakfasts. The quality of lounges at resorts vary wildly. For example, the Westin PVR has a lounge that they use which is a fairly basic lounge with slightly lower quality than what you would find at a typical Marriott. Hardly worth paying for. In contrast, I understand the Marriott Cancun has a "Club 91" lounge and know the JW Marriott at Cabo has an excellent Griffin Club. The Griffin Club, at least, is significantly above a US lounge and I wouldn't expect that as a regular benefit unless I'n staying in the Griffin Club or paying for it. Its more like a RC Club.