FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Discussion: SPG Lifetime™ Gold and SPG Lifetime™ Platinum status
Old Apr 17, 2018, 9:46 am
boolean64

I'll pile on. I have almost 1200 nights with SPG and the equivalent of 2MM MR points in my account right now.

I get why they didn't want to make SPG LTP LTPPE...they wanted to map 50 night tier to 50 night tier.

I can also see why they didn't want to combine lifetime stats the morning of august 1 and hand out the grandfathered LTPPE in the afternoon of august 1. They want to keep the numbers manageable.

But i find it unacceptable that they are only extending LTPPE to legacy marriott members and not legacy SPG members who would have qualified using marriott's criteria. I'm hoping it's just an oversight as someone mentioned upthread and they didn't realize how emotional people would get over it. Or it's some IT issue like they didn't want to do it because they couldn't back out when people got night credit for 3 rooms on the same night. But that's an edge case on top of an edge case.

Marriott needs to figure out a way to make the most loyal SPG members, those who would have qualified under marriott's criteria, not feel like second class citizens. This should not be that hard. And frankly if they don't find a way to do it, that will tell us all we need to know about whether Marriott considers loyalty a two way street.