FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Skyteam DL: ATL - BLR $2495 (Flagship A350)
Old Apr 17, 2018, 9:28 am
Mountain Explorer

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by ATLConsultant
Be careful when using Jet equipment on Delta.

I booked a flight ON Delta's website from BOS to Mumbai (using Jet equipment from LHR to BOM and BOM to LHR) and when i got home color me shocked when Delta wouldn't give me ANY miles whatsoever (MQMs or actual skymiles) for my leg from BOM to LHR. I called the Diamond line to inquire what was taking so long in it appearing and the agent told me that the flight wasn't marketed by Delta so therefore (Jet is not in the Sky Team yet) Delta had an agreement with them that they'd only give credit on Delta for Delta-marketed flights. Even though i bought this on Delta's website!! The agent who helped me book it told me I'd get full MQM allotment...and i contested this and lost. So check two to three agents before booking to make sure you will get credit for that Jet leg(s).
Even better than calling 2 or 3 times, just go to earnings page and look for yourself. Many Jet fair classes do earn full MQM, but there are exceptions. And btw, it has nothing to do with whether the airline is in SkyTeam or not. Several non-Skyteam airlines earn full MQM and many SkyTeam airlines earn next to nothing. DL makes the rules on a case by case basis.

https://www.delta.com/content/www/en...-partners.html

Here's the Jet earnings table: