FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [Consolidated] Chance of upgrade clearing on my flight {Archive}
Old Apr 17, 2018, 9:02 am
fumje
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by JMBResona
Thanks for the help. Sorry, I'm just utterly puzzled by the complexity of the whole ordeal.

I'm a little confused with regards to waitlist eligibility. I did some further searching, and it states elsewhere that only GS/1K on Y/B/M get put on the waitlist if not cleared at booking, and that Platinum and below needed to have an RN bucket to open up at booking.

Is RN capacity something that can open up like PN? Unfortunately I won't be 1K until November at the earliest, so it won't help me for this flight

If all fails, at least there's the CPU @T-72 hours...
Originally Posted by Kacee
Y/B upgrades don't waitlist until the CPU window. So you should check for RN regularly.
Good point, I forgot that Platinum – Silver are reported to clear into RN. I am actually not completely convinced of that, but I don't have any definitive contrary experiences (once saw Gold clear from Y and jump list when I thought RN was closed, but I did not verify). So I would check for PN and attempt to get it processed if it opens. PN is more likely to open and will do so no later than RN, but RN can open in advance of CPU window. When you are eligible for the instant up., your reservation will show you a link (website) or button (app).

(And if you do wind up seeing PN>0 but RN0, please report whether or not you get your upgrade through!)