FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Official announcement – See how our three loyalty programs will become one in August
Old Apr 17, 2018, 8:02 am
CJKatl

Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT
Originally Posted by GoldenItalianBoy
We should remember that actually everyone has his Gold SPG automatically matched to a Gold Marriott Rewards, except for those who are not member of Rewards.
So, if everyone is also Marriott Gold (as per status match T&C), technically everyone will be Plat in the new programme, and no Golds will exist.
This is from a legal point of view.
And the Marriott VP never said what is being attributed to him. The VP made the first statement. Bob interpreted that to mean the status match counted, which is in italics but that is not clear in the quote box. The VP never said the new level would be based on status match level from SPG to Marriott, and as you state, that would make no sense.

I have not seen people work so hard to keep their heads in the sand, to avoid the truth, since I told my parents I am gay. If you earned SPG Gold status you were able to status match and be treated as a Marriott Gold when staying at Marriott, but you are still and SPG Gold with a status match. not a Marriott Gold.

Why would Marriott have matched SPG Gold to new Gold if they intended for present SPG Golds to be considered Marriott Gold from status match thus being new Plat? The assumption the PTB at Marriott are that unaware of their own program is hard to swallow.