FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Changing a nappy in the lounge
View Single Post
Old Apr 17, 2018, 4:31 am
ratypus

Programs: BAEC Gold
I would never do this myself, but come on guys it's really not that bad...if she was travelling along and wasn't sure about getting all her hand luggage (which you cannot leave unattended) into the baby change, I can see how this happened. It's pretty stressful travelling solo with a baby, give her a break. Plus...those baby change facilities at T5 can be pretty filthy themselves.

Also, whilst it's pretty bad manners (I agree) it's really not THAT 'disgusting' if the nappy was just wet rather than soiled. Without wanting to be too detailed, parents generally know whether or not a "code brown" moment is likely during nappy change (not happened to me in 15 months, by the way...) and really if it's just a case a quick change of a wet nappy I don't see the MASSIVE deal being made about this.

For sure it's bad manners, and no I have never done this (and never would unless for some unknown reason I had no option), but I don't think it justifies the total OUTRAGE on show here....I've seen much worse in the lounges...mostly self-important pillocks bellowing on the phone at 100 decibels: a million times more annoying!

Last edited by ratypus; Apr 17, 2018 at 4:32 am Reason: spelling