FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Citi AA cards: All (Platinum, Gold, Executive; Business) 2018
Old Apr 16, 2018, 7:46 pm
KidoR

Programs: AA,UA, HH Gold, IHG Amb, HYATT
Hi, I am on AA.com checking award flights availability. Saw a Citi AA platinum ad, once I clicked on it, I am on a landing page with an offer which I never seen before, 40,000 miles after $2k spend, plus up to $200 statement credit on eligible American Airlines purchase during the first 12 months. I know the mileage bonus isn't very attractive but is the statement credit a new thing?

Earn 40,000 American Airlines AAdvantageŽ bonus miles after spending $2,000 in purchases within the first 3 months of account opening

Plus, new cardmembers can earn up to a $200 statement credit on eligible American Airlines purchases in the first 12 months of account opening**

**$200 Statement Credit
New cardmembers approved through this offer will receive statement credit on eligible American Airlines purchases made to their new CitiŽ / AAdvantageŽ card (in one transaction or several), up to a maximum total of $200 in the first 12 months of account opening. Eligible American Airlines purchases are items billed by American Airlines as merchant of record booked through American Airlines channels (AA.com, American Airlines reservations, and American Airlines airport and city ticket counters). Products or services that do not qualify are car rentals and hotel reservations (except taxes and charges paid when redeeming miles for car/hotel), purchase of elite status boost or renewal and AA CargoSM products and services. If instantly authorized, cardmembers will receive temporary account information and a temporary minimum credit limit. This temporary account information can be used during payment for the current eligible American Airlines purchases at time of checkout to receive the statement credit. If not instantly authorized, the new card account can be used on future eligible American Airlines purchases to earn the statement credit so long as those purchases occur within 12 months of account opening. Statement credit(s) will appear on the monthly credit card billing statement from Citi within 1-2 billing cycles from when the purchase is made.

----- Just saw post #1011, drminn posted it earlier today

Last edited by KidoR; Apr 16, 2018 at 7:58 pm Reason: refer to earlier post